Pleasanton is a charming suburb 25 miles east of San Francisco with just over 70,000 residents. In 1826, Jose Amador brought the first settlement to the valley. Prior to being established as Pleasanton, the earlier settlement was called Alisal and was a well-known mercantile stopover along a main route to gold fields for miners.
Although Pleasanton has grown tremendously since it’s founding it still maintains it’s small town appeal. In fact, the first adobe house built by Augustine Bernal still stands today on Foothill Road.
You can experience the love and pride local residents have for this community at the First Wednesday celebrations organized by the Pleasanton Downtown Association. On every first Wednesday during the months of May through September, Main Street is blocked to traffic and takes on street fair atmosphere. Local businesses, organizations and vendors set up booths and activities for local residents to enjoy!
Excellent schools, well-planned neighborhood communities, an abundance of activities, and it’s convenient Bay Area location have made Pleasanton a desired mecca for corporate headquarters of companies like Safeway, Oracle, Workday and more.
More interesting facts about Pleasanton
- Home of the Alameda County Fairgrounds
- Pleasanton is #63 on Money Magazine’s list of “The Best Places to Live” in 2012
- 3rd Wealthiest City in the US by NerdWallet 2013
- Award winning schools: 2 high schools, 3 middle schools, 10 elementary schools, 3 private schools, 2 alternative public schools
- The backdrop for the film “Rebecca from Sunnybrook Farm”
- Once home to Phoebe Apperson Hearst who lived in a 50 room mansion estate that is now the site of Castlewood Country Club
Pleasanton Real Estate
Living in Pleasanton
With over 50 neighborhoods to choose from, finding just the right location for you or your family can be a challenge.
Tell us what you’re looking for and we will send you a neighborhood report, or let us take you on a tour!